Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Now that I have has time to think about what I have read, I have a pretty good idea on my feelings towards this book.  I could tells that this book was written by a young writer, because it is written exactly how I would have written it.  It was a fun read, but didn't come across at all like a great piece of writing.  There were many ideas that started out in the book, but we're never really revisited including references to "the blue and red pill".  I could definitely tell that this book was written by someone who was born and raised as a Conservative by the way that she was so definite in her beliefs. Not once did she even think about not being Pro Life. I had a problem with the way that she drew the attention to herself and away from the campaign because the book had very little content on politics.  One would think with the name, Dirty sexy Politics, that the book would be more focused on the campaign than how others didn't give her enough attention on the campaign trails.  This book had virtually no content about beliefs until the very last chapter where she explained her beliefs on what the Republican Party should focus on to win future elections.  I would recommend this book to someone who likes a good story about an American girl on the road, but for someone trying to learn more about the belief system of the Republican Party, this is not the right book.  I am a Democrat and was interested in reading this book because I thought I could learn more about Republican beliefs. Rather than making me understand American politics more, this book made me live the life of a dramatic 24 year old who wants to tag along with her father as he runs for president.

No comments:

Post a Comment